UNESCO’s Internal Oversight Service (IOS) is currently seeking to recruit junior evaluation consultants as of September 2021. They will be tasked with supporting UNESCO Evaluators in managing one or two of the five following strategic and corporate evaluations:
- Evaluation of Teacher’s Capacity Development
- Evaluation of UNESCO’s Local and INdigneous Knowledge Systems Programme (LINKS)
- Evaluation of the analytical and reserach capacities of UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences Sector
- Evaluation of UNESCO’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Joint Evaluation & Audit of UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre
The junior evaluation consultants’ tasks will include:
- Conduct research and undertake a desk study (including compiling backgorund documentation), if required
- Organizing interviews, meetings and consultations with UNESCO and external stakeholders
- Liaising with and supporting the evaluation team
- Coordinating and organizing (remote or in person) field missions for the evaluation team in collaboration with relevant UNESCO Field Offices
- Contributing to the design, translation, administration and testing of evaluation instruments (e.g. interview protocols, surveys)
- Providing inputs to the inception report, draft evaluation report and final evaluation reports.
- Contributing to the quality assurance of all deliverables submitted by the evaluation team
- Contributing to the development of communication materials on evaluations findings (e.g. a newsletter, PowerPoint presentation, briefs)
If you have at least one year’s experience in research and/or evaluation, in the area of international development in particular, please feel free to apply.
You may access more information on the assignment and the application process on the UNEG website at www.unevaluation.org/vacancies/detail/1017
How to apply
Your application should be submitted in English and should include:
- a CV
- a brief cover letter indicating:
- one or two evaluation assignmetns, amongst those listed in the TOR, that you wish to work on.
- how your previous experience fits the assignment
- your suggested monthly fee for full-time work in Euros or US dollars.
- a sample of your recent research or an evaluation you have contributed to (this may be submitted in English or French)
Please send your application to Ms. Taipei Dlamini at email@example.com with the title ‘Expression of Interest – IOS Junior Evaluation Consultant’.
The deadline for applications is 23 July.