iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP will implement a project funded by the Crisis and Stabilization Centre from the French Ministry of Foreign affairs for a period of 13 months. The project, run from iMMAP office in Erbil, aims at supporting humanitarian actors in building their access strategies. iMMAP Risk Mitigation Resource Centre in Iraq will contribute to increasing humanitarian actors’ understanding of access, mobility and security risks in the areas concentrating the humanitarian response by maintaining up to date its explosive incidents data repository covering all the governorates and districts of Iraq and producing relevant information products for the humanitarian community
Description of Duties
- Design and update required tools to support iMMAP IM staff with data analysis.
- Provides rich contextual analysis and translates diverse data sources into useful information that goes beyond simple maps.
- Effectively utilize and extract information from remotely collected data, for example, satellite imagery and aerial imagery. Remote data collection and research will be performed to update or fill in identified gaps in information on roads and building footprints.
- design dashboard for all mobile data collection and design required charts and maps overall.
- Maintenance, support, development, and enhancements to the Integrated Information System are provided.
- Implement some type of profiler for Apache, PHP, and MySQL to improve the performance of the systems.
- Configure and maintain the online reporting tool, ReportHub, for target county implementations to support humanitarian needs, that includes:
- User interface and database updates.
- Data visualization and analysis of spatial data provide visualization and analysis of spatial data for geographical statistics to be incorporated into further analysis and maps.
- Design and develop training materials, as well as train and build the capacity of partners.
- Server setup, administration, management, and optimization, including documentation.
- Identification of new technologies and methods to improve the maintainability and scalability of the application.
- Ensure that our software documentation is up-to-date.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by the Technical Advisor and IMMAP Country.
- University degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent field
- Mastery of the principles of data handling and processing.
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development
- Extensive experience in:
- PostGIS( is an asset)
- Proven experience in design and implementation training and capacity building.
- Experience with location-based data storage, data formats, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience with training and capacity building.
- Able to travel to all provinces in Iraq for any information management support.
- Ability to work in an organized manner, can carry several projects at the same time, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, in an effective and visually creative way, information and ideas in a written and oral manner.
- Capable of delivering software products with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent habits and the ability for working in a multicultural context.
- Prior experience working with NGOs is preferred.
- Fluency in English, as well as Kurdish and Arabic, will be desirable.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/363