Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented Web Products and Project Manager to play a key role on the Communications team for EdTech Hub. EdTech Hub is R4D’s largest education program, a global research partnership with the goal of empowering people to make decisions about technology in education. EdTech Hub does rigorous academic research to generate new evidence, and gives evidence-based advice about how to use technology in education. We help decision-makers inside and outside government make clear, evidence-based policy decisions to achieve maximum impact. EdTech Hub is made up of a consortium of partners; R4D leads the engagement, communications, and digital work of the Hub.
As a Web Products and Project Manager you will serve as the critical liaison between content creators both within EdTech Hub and with external partners, and with our design, development, copywriting and promotion functions. Using a consultative approach, you will manage the production process and publication of this content within the EdTech Hub WordPress website. This position does not require extensive coding knowledge or design skill, but the talent to understand the marriage between the two. The ability to speak confidently to their application will be critical to your success.
In your daily work, you bring a passion for applying process and organization to creative production on a high-volume, high-touch, content-generating team. You excel at shepherding complex projects through from inception to completion, and coordinating with and communicating to multiple stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner. You are calm under a deadline, prefer to over-communicate versus the alternative, embrace tech solutions for project management and know how to encourage others to do so for everyone’s mutual benefit.
You are adept at working within WordPress to publish the content projects you have managed, with an eye always on excellent external user experience. You understand the importance of navigable and searchable content within the greater design of a website’s framework. The same organization you bring to the project management process, you also bring to the publishing process. To that end, you also believe in the power of getting communications involved early in a project’s life cycle, and will be an active participant at the table when it comes to planning and prioritization.
The content creation that you support may be in multiple formats include reports, videos, infographics, blogs, podcast and more. With that in mind, you have experience in cultivating and communicating with a stable of creative talent to get the job done.
This position may be based remotely or within the R4D Washington, D.C. office or R4D London office and reports to the Head of Communications for EdTech Hub. Please note that we will only be hiring one employee for this role to be based out of either country. Comfort in organizing across time zones (principally GMT and ET) is vital, as you will sit within a small Communications team that supports content creators globally.
This posting is intended for U.K. nationals. If you would like to apply as a U.S. national, please click here.
Previous project management and web product experience, strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to think creatively and strategically about how to improve organizational systems and practices is required.
- Lead project management process for EdTech Hub- and partner-produced content, including but not limited to coordination with editorial review, design review, strategic review and web publication review
- Lead content publication on EdTechHug.org (WordPress) and coordinate among other content creators who may also serve as publishers
- Support content publication on EdTech Hub digital products (eg Evidence Library, Tools databases
- Develop and maintain a dashboard to report production metrics and help define and implement the strategy to make continuous progress in efficiency and output
- Assist monitoring and evaluation team in tracking outputs that result from your content creation and publication process
- Contribute to EdTech Hub communications calendar to ensure publications lead and launch dates are current and communicated to larger EdTech Hub internal audience
- Bachelor’s +5 yrs exp or master’s +1 yr exp
- Expert within WordPress environment
- Management of Asana or other project management tool
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Strategic and creative problem solver who is adept at developing efficient systems and decision-making processes
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Experience tracking and managing resources required
- Highly collaborative and approachable team member who is enthusiastic about supporting the team and working closely with others at EdTech Hub
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complicated and detailed data to team leads
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgement, and humor
- Motivated to learn, grow, contribute and produce
How to apply
Please click here to apply.