The Human Rights Measurement Initiative is seeking a high-achieving, competent, and efficient support for our multi-lingual website. We are currently in transition from our current website to a new website. Both websites are built on the WordPress platform. The current site uses the WPML plugin to manage translations, and the new site uses the Chariti theme.
The position will be on a casual basis, approx. 2 hours per week on average.
The ideal candidate is experienced with developing WordPress, familiar implementing new plugins, and competent in integrating WordPress with other CRMs. The successful applicant will be someone who can work autonomously, and a great problem solver.
Competitive candidates will be high achievers with strong values alignment with HRMI. They will be highly collaborative, with a growth mind-set, and a willingness to jump in and get things done.
What We Do
The Human Rights Measurement Initiative (HRMI) is a global collaborative project of academics and human rights advocates working to produce comprehensive, free, easy-to-access metrics tracking the human rights performance of countries around the world. We are working to improve the lives of people, by bringing more transparency to the performance of states and inspiring more ethical behaviour. All our data are published on our Rights Tracker.
We are a global team with bases in New Zealand and the United States. Our Wellington team is around 3-5 people and hosted by Motu Economic and Public Policy Research. A not-for-profit and charitable trust, Motu is in both the top ten economic think tanks and top ten climate think tanks in the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing, coding, and developing new and old website layouts efficiently using coding languages HTML, CSS in a Content management system called WordPress.
- Ensure that the integration of WordPress page and other CRM software is seamless.
- Assist the HRMI team in ensuring smooth transition between the current and new website.
- Ability to problem solve the issues and provide solutions to the problems.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience in WordPress support and in maintaining multi-lingual websites.
- Experience in using the WPML plugin , and navigating the Chariti theme.
- Knowledge of programming languages and web/software development.
- High awareness of cyber threats, with good knowledge of data security and data protection.
- Experience in search optimisation an advantage.
· Mature, professional, and reliable
This is a casual position with flexible hours.
Remuneration will depend on experience and living costs in country of residence.
The candidate must ensure their devices have good cyber hygiene. Please refer to this article for HRMI’s guidelines.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all local employment regulations, including filing their own income tax returns.
How to apply
To apply, please send Catherine (Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing your strengths in relation to the position. Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply. Position will remain open until filled.