Founded in 1991, Enfants d’Asie (Children of Asia: https://enfantsdasie.com/) is an association that helps nearly 10,500 underprivileged children in Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Philippines and Vietnam). It aims to support children from families of extreme poverty to build a better future. By ensuring their education and training, Children of Asia allows them to get a stable job at the end of their studies to support their families and become actors in the development of their country. Children of Asia has expertise in educational support programs for nearly 30 years including 20 years of presence in Cebu Island in the Philippines.
As part of the YUNIT project (Youth United for Networks and Information Technologies), funded by AFD (Agence Française de Développement), we are looking for a project manager. The overall objective of the project is to ensure the educational continuity, protection and employability of the most disadvantaged young Filipinos in the context of COVID-19.
Under the responsibility of the country director (CD), the project manager ensures the general coordination of YUNIT project in the Philippines and the implementation of all IT-related activities in 9 schools in the island of Cebu.
In charge of implementing the program in term of technical follow-up and guidance,
activity planification, human ressources, procurement
- Directly supervise and manage a team of 5 officers
- Plan, carry out and validate program deployment and support for 9 schools, 9 PTAs (Parents Teachers Associations) and related learners
- Identify needs, technical specifications and feasibility and ensure technical follow-up of the procurement process and validation for the program and supervise the administrative and budgetary monitoring of the project.
- Establish the curricula, plan and organize the training programs for trainers, teachers, PTAs and afterschool clubs: coordinate with the PTAs, the schools and other partners to organize the planning, activities, budget
In charge of coordinating means and resources to achieve the expected outcomes of AFD program in term of activities, human resources… **
- Coordinate with the Deputy Country Director (DCD) to facilitate career orientations and other trainings organized by the Gabay Training Center in the 9 schools or at community level
- Coordinate with the PC (Educational Programs Coordinator) to facilitate socio-educational and protection activities lead by Social Workers in the 9 schools or at community level
- Coordinate with the DCD to facilitate the selection and implementation of Income Generating activities for 80 families of beneficiaries of YUNIT project and 9 PTAs
- Participate in the administrative and financial monitoring of YUNIT project.
In charge of planning, organizing, facilitating project’s reporting and the stakeholders relations
- Charged with the organization and functionning of all YUNIT governance bodies
- Facilitates the participative process et adoption of each PTA Action Plan (conception, analysis, monitoring) in term of governance, capacity building, procurement and equipment)
- Consolidate the reporting of the project as a whole and ensures that the schools and PTAs results, statistics and indicators are consolidated every quarters and presented to YUNIT Governance bodies
- Represents YUNIT project to Authorities, Parners and other Stakeholders
Work with the CD, DCD and the PC in fundraising activities for the organization
- In charge of progress reports and final reports for funding partners in collaboration with the CD, DCD and the PC
- Work closely with the finance manager for financial reports
- Assists the partnerships officer in charge in Paris in drafting of call for proposals and budget
- Organizes and supervises visits from French and local donors
In charge of communication activities and events in relation to the YUNIT project
- Facilitate contents collection for communication purposes (interviews, school visits, pictures …)
- Manages “YUNIT under Covid” Facebook/webpage and publishes regular posts
- Takes pictures and organizes pictures database
Event and activities coordination
- Assists in the coordination, budgetization and supervizion of CoA events and activities: Christmas Party, culminating activity, team building, Gamesfest etc.
- Organizes and supervizes “Education for Citizenship and International Solidarity” activities
Education / Experience
- Master Degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences or Information Technologies or other related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation and donor such as AFD, EU, USAID etc.
- Ability to effectively work in partnership on multiple levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including active listening
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities
- Competency in capacity building, project management and training
- Fluent in English and French (oral and written skills)
- Highly committed and professional behaviour
- Able to initiate relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Excellent in building relationship and representation
Contract: VSI contract (International Solidarity Volunteer contract) – 3 years, starting from August 2021
Salary/indemnity: negotiable depending on experience
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter before 15th June, 2021 to email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org