BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Coalitions for Change (CfC) is a program under the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation Partnership in the Philippines.
In its second phase (2018-2022), CfC supports Philippine leaders in civil society, academe, the private sector, and government who pursue policy reforms to support inclusive economic growth, social development, governance, and peace towards improving the lives of Filipinos. The program also provides training and mentoring to equip leaders to better pursue policy reforms.
Designed to be an adaptive and responsive program, CfC’s support to Philippine leaders and organizations has helped introduce transformative policy reforms that bring positive outcomes for Filipinos in the broad areas of economic growth, social development, and governance.
BACKGROUND OF THE ASSIGNMENT – IMPROVING WOMENS’ WELFARE (GOVERNANCE TEAM)
While the Philippines has passed several laws promoting women’s rights and gender equality, effective and consistent implementation of such progressive policies have yet to be achieved. The country lags in providing comprehensive family planning, consistently struggles to address high rates of maternal mortality, and confronts the dangerous surge of increased adolescent pregnancies. Moreover, gender-based violence (GBV) is still a significant challenge.
Given this, Coalitions for Change (CfC) is working on several policy reforms that aim to improve the welfare of women and children.
CfC is seeking to hire the following consultancy positions:
- One (1) Advocacy and Network Specialist
- One (1) Research Consultant
SECTOR: GENDER | POSITION 1: ADVOCACY AND NETWORK SPECIALIST
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the CfC Governance team, its network, and partners such as attending team meetings and providing timely updates on the progress of activities.
- Develop and pursue technically sound, politically feasible, and gender responsive policy reforms.
- Identify possible entry points to introduce reform agenda through relevant government officials, legislators, and stakeholders.
- Provide inputs in team discussion and strategy planning, especially to advocate for the identified reform agenda.
- Provide technical input on policy papers, briefers, presentations, and other reference materials.
- Network, collaborate, and organize consultations with women’s groups, gender experts, specialists, and stakeholders.
- Engage with different government agencies for gender-related reform work.
- Design and facilitate focus group discussion/ round table discussion/ committee meetings among women’s groups, national government agencies, local governments, gender experts and specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Political Science, Public Administration, Development Studies, etc.) Master’s degree in the Women and Development, Social Science, or Public Management is desirable.
- Working knowledge of broader and recent development issues in the Philippines, including strong familiarity with gender-responsive policies context, processes, and programming.
- Has extensive networks and strong on-the-ground experience engaging with different stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Filipino and proven ability to suit communication style for difference audience types.
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data that could be easily used for advocacy materials.
- Ability to self-direct, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in adaptive programs and development entrepreneurship would be an advantage.
- All positions are part-time / intermittent engagement for 6-12 months.
How to apply
Interested applicants should accomplish and send their TAF application form (https://bit.ly/3bi3xEx) and updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 May 2021.
Please use email subject: Job Application[SURNAME][SECTOR]_[POSITION].
Sample: Job Application_ARAGON_GENDER_RESEARCH CONSULTANT
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.