Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will work to identify donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for all new funding opportunities. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Business Development Manager will also be expected to keep closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants and able to speak to results in key reporting documents. The Business Development Manager will be located in Kigali. The role has an external orientation, but works closely and has interactions with other members of Save the Children International who provide programme funding.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required. French fluency highly desired.
- Recommended a minimum of five years management in either development or emergency contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children International priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
- Background in large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body.
Contract duration: Open – ended
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply