Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Communication for Development Specialist, AAP Unit, EMOPS or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Collective Service Helpdesk Coordinator will:
Purpose of job
The purpose of this assignment is to provide country support on RCCE and related thematic areas such as CE/SBC, Community feedback & Accountability, Social Science, Monitoring and evaluation, Coordination, Training, and best practice sharing among others; by primarily channeling all queries and requests to the right organizations/experts, tracking the response flow, analyzing and reporting the results on the services provided, and enhance the service to respond to an increasing demand on new areas and topics.
Scope and responsibilities
The Collective Service Helpdesk Coordinator in close collaboration with the of the CE-SBC (C4D, RRCE, AAP) team both at EMOPS and HQ, and in coordination with the Collective Service technical interagency team and key partners will be accountable to:
- Lead the provision of helpdesk function including to receive queries and support’s requests on RCCE and related areas, respond directly to basic-mid complexity queries and requests and addressing partners’ complex queries and requests for technical assistance by channel them through the Collective Service leading partners (UNICEF, WHO, IFRC) and key partners, groups and experts, denominated referred experts.
- Tracking the work/service flow, analyze its efficiency performance and report on the results on the services provided and its correlation with the needs and demand.
- Development of guidance, tools, and technical expertise related to strengthen the helpdesk functions, services and membership (both users and referred experts) and provide support and training to partners in overall at all levels, on the operation and use of the Collective Service Helpdesk, as well as on the implementation of other helpdesk both in different areas or art the regional and national levels.
- Implement a continuous improvement process aimed at strengthening and adapting the Collective Service Helpdesk to an increasing demand on new areas and topics, based on the observation, documentation, systematization, analysis and socialization of good practices and lessons learned.
- Systematize good practices, lessons learned and knowledge learnt/products on the Collective Helpdesk and disseminate these products to key audiences including donors and partners to build capacity and sustainability.
- Provide strategic guidance to the CS-SBC (C4D, RCCE, AAP) team both at EMOPS and HQ on maximizing opportunities for greater collaboration with the existing and new partners/members of the Collective Service Helpdesk.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- With a first University Degree in public health, social and behavioral science, or other related social science field is recommended.
- At least two (2) years of professional work experience in innovation, community outreach, community engagement, youth engagement, social media or work with marginalized communities applied to Communication for Development, Risk Communication and/or related areas in public health
- Have affinity with or interest in to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
- Ability to work under tight schedule, respond to multiple demands including within a changing environment. Innovative and resourceful mindset to make solutions work in adverse conditions
- Results driven, able to work effectively, with minimum supervision and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills. Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing
- Knowledge and expertise on using SharePoint, Team Collaboration Software Tools – Microsoft 365
- Demonstrated commitment to global peace and sustainable development through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities
- Relevant experience in related areas in NGOs, IFRC or UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.Working knowledge of another official UN language (Spanish, French, Arabic) or Portuguese is an advantage;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Community participation and development, Other communications related experience
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
How to apply
If you have not yet registered in the UNV Talent pool, please apply by registering your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: Once you have created your UNV account by validating your email address, please complete all sections of your profile. Go to‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply. If you are registered in the UNV database, please update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profileGo to ‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply. Application deadline: 22-08-2021 Disclaimer United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals.