Mercy Hands is a non-governmental non-political and non-religious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED). To learn more about Mercy Hands please visit www.mercyhands.org
Livelihood Project in Khanaqin
Mercy Hands is implementing a livelihood project in Khanaqin District, Diyala Governorate, in partnership with UNDP. The project title is “Sustainable Livelihoods & Economic Recovery in Khanaqin”. The project target unemployed vulnerable people and has four main components: vocational and life skills training, cash for work, job placement, and business grants. We are looking for a Database Manager for the project.
The Database Manager will be based at Mercy Hands office in Khanaqin. Within Mercy Hands’ organizational hierarchy, the Database Manager works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager (PM) and Program Manager Assistant (PMA).
Eight months, with possible renewal – if the project is extended. Position to be filled ASAP.
Khanaqin, Diyala Governorate, Iraq.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Gross monthly salary is $1100 (net salary $850)
- Mercy Hands will pay the social security tax (deducted from gross salary);
- Mercy Hands will provide health insurance (deducted from gross salary).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design assessment forms and feed them into KoBo;
- Decide on the selection of the beneficiaries according to the preset selection criteria. Follow up on the selected beneficiaries and make sure that any dropouts will be replaced by the appropriate category of beneficiaries.
- Analysis of the collected data;
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting: 1) quantitative and qualitative data of beneficiaries; 2) Monthly Report of Job Figures. Send the report to the PM, PMA, and MEAL Officer.
- Attendance: Follow up with the field staff on the daily attendance of the beneficiaries;
- Data entry of the beneficiaries attendance and reporting of the “beneficiaries’ attendance vs wages” data to the PM and Finance Department;
Check with the Field Monitors regarding the accuracy of the phone numbers of the beneficiaries
- Train data collectors on the assessment (how to use KoBo, selection criteria, how to collect data, etc.)
- Data software and hardware troubleshooting: Identify and fix all data software and hardware issues;
- Beneficiaries contracts: Work with the HR department to draft the contracts for the beneficiaries of the project;
- Support the rest of the team with data management;
- Excellent KoBo and Microsoft Excel skills
- Data collection and analysis skills
- Good English skills
- Communication and conflict resolution skills
- IT Knowledge, software and hardware.
How to apply
Send your CV and Letter of Intention via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject field stating: Database Manager Application.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Mercy Hands is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their gender, ethnic, or religious background.
Mercy Hands is an equal pay employer. At Mercy Hands, women and men receive equal pay if they perform equal work in the same workplace.