CAP Youth Empowerment Institute is an innovative development initiative demonstrating end-to-end transition support to link learning and livelihood for disadvantaged young people with particular focus on females. CAP YEI has well developed and successfully replicated programs that offer Academic, Vocational and Occupational Preparatory programs through in-school, out-of-school and post-school program interventions. The youth get equitable qualitative learning and access promising labor market-oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The GIZ – EU “Go Blue” Project_ Skills Development (TVET) Project is a component of Blue Economy executed by GIZ-E4D through its implementing partner CAPYEI. The project focuses in skills development in predetermined sectors as wells as exploring the value chain opportunities. The linkages between the blue economy, sustainable development and economic growth in recognizing 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. SDG focuses on enhancing the economic benefits to Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) from the sustainable use of marine resources, including through the sustainable management of fisheries, aquaculture, and tourism. The blue economy integrates an innovative approach to the economic exploitation of the resources of oceans, lakes, rivers and other bodies of water. The concept seeks to promote economic growth, social inclusion, and preservation or improvement of livelihoods while at the same time ensuring environmental sustainability.
The overall purpose of the assignment is to digitize 5 curricula namely;
- Maritime Security
- Maritime Transport and Logistics
- Agri Business
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Vessel Repair
The overall purpose of this assignment is to digitize (produce relevant audio, images and video) of the curricula. Specific objectives of the assignment include:
· Design and produce multimedia content
· Pretest digital content with group of learners and Trainers.
· Deploy the approved content.
Description of the Assignment
The consultant will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Assess the developed by the sector experts in liaison education experts and provide technical guidance on the most appropriate digital formats to adopt. Note that, the multimedia learning approach with a mixture of video, text, audio and imagers are most preferred in this task.
- Present to CAP YEI team the outcome of the assessment of the curriculum and modules, indicating the topics that will be digitized and the reasons for the choice.
- Carry out the digitization of selected topics, presenting them in different graphics
- Share the first draft of the work done for review and comments on its improvement
- Submit final edited digital content of the curricula to CAP YEI
Location and Duration
The consulting firm can come from any part of Kenya, but be able to travel to the Coast Region for face to face recording of practical and lectures. The project is projected to be completed within 1 month.
- Institutions, or organizations that are working on video productions, and good experience in education materials development, designing and production.
- The firm expressing interest for this work should demonstrate capacity in conducting similar activity and evidence of work that it has done before.
- Pre-selected firms will be required to present a sample of the work that they have done
How to apply
Request for proposal should be sent to email@example.com on or before 5:00pm 28th June, 2021