Education Officer- Learning Must Go On Project (Nationals Only)
The Program Officer for Teacher Professional Development under the Pathways Learning Must Go On (LMGO) project contributes to the overall implementation of LMGO project in BARMM. The project officer will support the development of Teacher Professional Development framework. The project officer will support the alignment of the core and essential competencies for literacy and numeracy competencies that are anchored on the most essential learning competencies defined by DepEd and adapted by MBHTE. He/She will also support in the pilot delivery of the Learning & Development platforms and systems that will be implemented at the division and school levels. The project officer will facilitate identifying peace education materials that will be the overarching theme in providing coaching, while the literacy component will focus on harnessing specific domains targeted in K-3. The Project Officer supports the development of the coaching program that will be aligned with the Continuous Professional Development initiatives and directions in BARMM. This means exploring the Department of Education Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) and other related tools, as a competency framework in measuring teacher improvement. He/she implements capacity-building activities and provide technical support to staff and partners on education. S/He provides technical support to the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education and strengthens their organizational capacity in delivering continued professional development of teachers. S/He ensures that advocacy and campaign messages are sustained by the enactment of relevant policies. S/He also supports the awareness and capacity building of armed state and non-state actors to practice non-violent and peacebuilding approaches that will protect the child and their families anchored on the rights of the child.
- Training and development of Teacher Professional Development frameworks and competencies identification, development and alignment.
- Ability to write reports and support research.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment and to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Must be highly motivated and must possess initiative, discipline and a clear work ethic, Ability to think and act fast
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Ability to work both in an Advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Project management experience and in working in an emergency response context.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Good experience in using inter-agency CP standards and guidelines.
- Experience in working through systems of community participation, capacity building and representation
- Excellent communication, influencing and advocacy skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment and project reports in English and in interacting in culturally and politically sensitive situations.
- Capacity for extreme flexibility.
- Track record in influencing and networking
- Understands and believes in Save the Children’s mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framework
Contract length: Fixed Term position until August 31, 2021 based in Cotabato City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.