Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world.
What is the opportunity?
Water Mission’s Manager, Film and Media Production is responsible for creating high-quality video content that aligns with organizational needs and invites donor and partner audiences to engage with the ministry at a deeper level. He or she will be responsible for planning, creating, and managing all visual content for the Water Mission brand to help raise awareness for the global water crisis and highlight the impact of the ministry’s work around the world. This individual must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and capable of working both autonomously and as a team. This individual will also possess a high level of creativity, exceptional storytelling abilities, and an impressive video reel that demonstrates the application of ‘Best in Class’ editing, shooting techniques, and industry best practices. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and reports to the Creative Director. This role requires 25-35 nights of travel annually, both domestically and internationally.
A successful Manager will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
- Manage all elements of videography for Water Mission from concept to execution, including brief development, scripting, storyboard development, filming, editing, audio/music, and color correction. Ensure quality control for all visual assets so they align with ministry goals, communicate the desired key messages, and adhere to brand standards.
- Maintain a growing photo and video library to support the creation of web pages, direct response campaigns, social media campaigns, presentations, and marketing collateral.
- Ensure the visual assets library is organized and properly cataloged to ensure ease and accessibility for all staff.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and design concepts to raise awareness for Water Mission’s work around the world.
- Coordinate storytelling with the Creative Director and Content Strategy and Development Director to produce compelling, engaging video scripts.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of Water Mission’s programmatic areas to advance ongoing advocacy, thought leadership, and partnership support initiatives related to disaster response, sustainable WASH solutions, and community development work.
- Collaborate with U.S. and international field staff to ideate and create new visual content.
- Travel to the field in developing countries and disaster areas to capture video content.
- Shoot and edit video content at local and regional Water Mission events.
- Support internal communications through the creation of training videos and other visual assets.
- Work to improve systems and processes to better serve the teams at Water Mission.
- Ability to manage and process videography/photography release forms.
- Support Water Mission with local photography needs doing corporate headshots and local events.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in videography / film making.
- 5+ years of experience in video production – preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong professional portfolio that demonstrates a clear visual voice and range of expertise.
- Expert knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects for editing.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated storytelling ability.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to navigate cross-culture experiences in a respectful manner, preferred.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities while maintaining a positive team approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Adept at accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Ability to manage an unpredictable workload, competing priorities, and concurrent deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-35 nights annually, both domestically and internationally. These trips may include travel in developing countries; ability to thrive in environments that require long car rides over difficult terrain, walking long distances, and working with limited access to electricity is required.
- Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment (various sizes of cameras, camera bags, lighting equipment, etc.) is required.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out our online application which can be found here.