The Head of Business Development provides leadership in Save the Children’s efforts to achieve greater program results at scale, especially for the most deprived, through the successful pursuit of large and strategic funding opportunities, as well as through developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key donors. This position helps execute the vision, strategy, and operational plan to support SCI in positioning the agency to successfully compete for specific opportunities, responding to those opportunities with a quality process and product, and building and maintaining an effective Business Development system of tools, processes, and capacities across the agency. The Head of Busines Development leads on the development of high-value, complex proposals or bids, building on global, regional and national SCI Technical and Thematic expertise, evidence and learning, ensuring the highest quality products are submitted to the member and the donor.
The position will also provide guidance and capacity development to the Proposal and Reporting Specialist, Sector Leads and other staff to ensure submission of winning proposals.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Portfolio and Pipeline tracking
* Engage with Sector Leads and Programme Director to identify funding gaps and identify options for funding
* Liaise with members on donor engagement and positioning
* Scan for funding opportunities and liaise with Members about specific funding opportunities
* Maintain information management tools to track opportunities and outcomes and provide regular updates to the CMT
* Conduct donor landscape mapping and identify and research suitable donors for the CO
* Lead the development of a comprehensive Funding Strategy, in line with the Country Strategic Plan
* Develop donor engagement plans, coordinate and track donor engagement
Pursue Funding Opportunities
* Undertake Capture Planning (donor intelligence, competitor and partner analysis, analysis of SC’s competitiveness and gaps, identification of partners for consortia, identification of resources required )
* Provide inputs to the Go No Go decision
* Facilitate discussions on partnering and consortium arrangements with Sector Leads and area offices.
* Lead on large or complex proposals for the CO
* Manage the proposal process including identification of suitable experts for the proposal team, and development and implementation of proposal plan.
* Facilitate online/ offline Design Workshops for the proposal design
* Ensure partners are properly engaged during proposal process
* Undertake quality assurance review of proposal inputs and follow up with team members
* Ensure adequate sign-off on proposals from CO and member
* Draft certain generic sections of the proposal
* Ensure Gender Equlity Marker assessed along the proposal process.
* Demonstrate solid commercial awareness through contributing to Value for Money calculations in proposal development, as required by donors
* Track proposal outcomes and identify lessons learned
Human Resource Management and Development
* Provide guidance to the Proposal and Reporting Specialist in proposal management and manage their workplan
* Develop CO capacities in business development and roll out of NBD operating procedures
* Create opportunity for staff development in coordination with HR.
* Responsibility to create and maintain a managerial and operational environment where the Child Safeguarding Policy is effectively implemented.
* Ensure that your staff is providing all beneficiaries of your programme with ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
*We have both current and upcoming vacancies in Asia region for Head of Business Development position in countries such as Myanmar , Bangladesh, Afghanistan and other Asian countries.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 29 August 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHplbGVlLmNoaW4uOTg4MTYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t