The general purpose of the post is to be in charge of the implementation, follow up and supervision of the different SDI’s health and nutrition activities in Syria. This position holder will report directly to the Health & Nutrition Coordinator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Helping in developing strategic planning for the department in line with the overall strategy of the organization.
· Represent the organization through the meetings, workshops, and other related events in Turkey or outside Turkey.
· Attend the meetings related to this position or any meeting as per the line manager request.
· Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including the clusters coordinators and partners, and develop a communication mechanism with them to maintain proper channels of communication with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
· Manage the health and Nutrition projects in a programmatic manner in order to meet the project’s objectives within budget in a timely manner and report any operational concerns.
· Providing strong leadership of the health and nutrition program.
· Maintain and strengthen the comprehensive integration of nutrition and health plans of intervention.
· Ensure that health activities are delivered in line with donor requirements, and in accordance with the humanitarian principles and SPHERE standards, and SDI SOPs.
· Prepare and submit periodic reports of the program progress and achievements.
· Determine any specific need for capacity building related to the position and inform the line Manager.
· Contribute to the donor mapping and communication process and identify potential donors.
· Contribute to the project and budget proposal development.
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree (Medical/Health Certificate)
· Two years’ experience in NGOs.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to produce high-quality reports in English and Arabic.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
· Demonstrated ability to train and improve capacity building of other staff.
· Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
· An analytical mind with strategic ability.
· Empathy with organizational vision, mission, goals, and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
· Ability to prioritize tasks.
· Strong attention to details and high level of organization
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
· Effective leadership and planning and excellent dispute resolution skills.
· The position holder is required to commit to SDI’s safeguarding policy, as we will do rigorous background checks to ensure that children are protected from any kind of abuse.
· The position holder is also required to carry out his duties in accordance with SDI anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please fill the application form no later than 26-July-2021.