Title: Human Resources Specialist (Organizational Development)
Objective: Human Resources and Administration (HRA) department established a consultancy opportunity as a replacement for current staff who will be on maternity leave to continue the HR ongoing work and project implementation within ADPC regarding organizational development. The consultant aims to provide HRA and management with the required technical advice and support in new HRA manual implementations and to respond to the needs of revision of strategic HRA processes of ADPC.
ADPC is an autonomous international organization with a vision to reduce disaster and climate risk impacts on communities and countries in Asia and the Pacific by working with governments, development partners, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, private sector, media and other key stakeholders. In addition to its headquarter in Bangkok, Thailand, ADPC currently has offices/representation in 11 additional countries.
ADPC Strategy guides the organization in providing comprehensive risk reduction support to countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. ADPC recognizes the importance of examining the linkages between disaster risk management, poverty reduction, gender equality, sustainability, rights-based approaches, climate change and regional cooperation.
ADPC takes various levels of actions in a close connection with the national, regional and global frameworks including; e.g. ASEAN, SAARC, MRC, 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 (SFDRR), the Paris Agreement for climate change, the New Urban Agenda, the World Humanitarian Summit, etc.
For more details, please refer to ADPC website at http://www.adpc.net
Statement of Work: The incumbent will need to work with the Human Resources and Administration team members to perform the following tasks:
HR Strategic Management
● Provide support and advice on development of current HRA procedures.
● Perform a review and analysis of existing HR policies, interim reference manual, and practices considering international organization best practices and the principle of right-based approach by combining to blend into organizational culture.
● Provide practical support to the implementation of the Employee Reference Manual (ERM) effectively together with other HRA staff and the chief of HRA.
● Develop an online orientation system which incorporates updates benefit packages from ERM together with the working team.
● Facilitate a consultation in change communication of ERM and new salary system implementation.
● Review current performance evaluation process and provide written analysis on continuous improvement to strengthen the overall system.
● Coordinate with gender specialist and relevant parties on the work of Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) planning
HR General – Security and Medical Situation Monitoring
● ฺBe a focal point for International SOS (ISOS) and regularly update staff movement with new and resign staff records and daily monitoring related situations for sub-centers;
● Facilitate ISOS orientation and monitor ISOS certifications from new staff to ensure they understand the benefit;
● Coordinate with ISOS focal person to facilitate either security or medical consultation to staff or management as requested;
● Proceed ISOS invoices as requested.
- Minimum of advanced degree in fields related to human resources management, business administration/ management, or related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of human resource management;
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as technical writing skills; knowing Thai would be an advantage;
- Good command in using Microsoft office and standard software applications;
- Demonstrate details-orientation of tasks with accuracy and have a in-depth understanding of HR systems;
- Demonstrate ability to work well on culturally diverse, good interpersonal skill and strong teamwork-oriented;
- Experience working with International Organizations, NGOs, UN agencies would be an advantage;
- Experience in the salary market survey and implementation process would be an advantage;
- Experience in change management and able to formulate a strategic workplan in the field of HR;
- Ability to render consulting services in the most professional, effective and efficient manner;
- Experience in the gender-sensitive human resources area of work would be an advantage.
ADPC HRA Department is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, marital status, gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ADPC Core Competencies:
Demonstrates the highest level of commitment and demonstrates respect for persons of concern to ADPC, partners and colleagues in all aspects of work. Ensures that personal and professional behaviour is of the highest standard.**
- Diversity Awareness
Able to embrace the uniqueness of all individuals along several dimensions such as race, religious beliefs, ethnicity, age, gender, physical abilities, political beliefs, socio-economic status, disability, political conviction, or any other distinguishing features.**
- Equality Awareness
Understands that each individual has an equal opportunity to make decisions, participate in social activities, perform any work at the organization and to make the most of her/ his life and talents.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Works constructively within a team and across teams in ways that allow the achievement of shared objectives. Works effectively with colleagues and partners. Fosters a positive and collaborative environment.
Functional Competencies for HRA Department:
1. Creativity and Innovation: Demonstrates and encourages the development of new ideas/ approaches in their own work area. Proposes changes that will improve organizational and staff performance to a common goal.**
2. Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility, both intellectually and behaviourally, to adapt to and work effectively in a variety of situations, often under demanding conditions, and to cope with the unforeseen or unexpected. Looks for opportunities presented by change and is not “paralyzed” by new and unusual scenarios. Creates opportunities to improve the way in which they work.**
3. Planning and Organization: Sets clear objectives and outcomes. Establishes a realistic and systematic course of action to accomplish objectives, and prioritize multiple tasks using time management and organizational skills to accomplish an objective effectively and efficiently.**
4. Analytical Problem-Solving Skills: Displays analytical thinking by identifying, defining and analysing information, situations and problems. Arrives at viable solutions through a variety of approaches. Demonstrates critical thoughts, methodical review of implications, intuition and rational conclusions.**
Technical Direction / Supervisor: Primary report to the Chief of Human Resources and Administration and work closely with the staff within the Human Resources and Administration Department.
Period of Engagement:
Contract period: 5 months
Expected Start Date: 1 June 2021
Expected Output: The expected deliverables to be submitted to Chief of Human Resources and Administration within five (5) month period are:
- Monthly progress report
- Final report summarizing all deliverables
How to apply
How to apply: Interested Candidates can submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net or ADPC Website ), resume, copy of degrees/certificate(s) together with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. ADPC encourage diversity in its workplace and support an inclusive work environment.