Medair is a Christian-inspired emergency relief organisation that relieves suffering in some of the most remote and disrupted places in the world. Since 1989, we have been helping people in need regardless of race, creed or nationality survive crises and get back on their feet. The Medair Foundation in the Netherlands is part of the global Medair network of 1500 staff and more than 6000 volunteers. We collaborate with Medair International which is based in Ecublens, near Lausanne, Switzerland.
Medair Netherlands aims to contribute to humanitarian relief in various emergency and recovery situations. Medair Netherlands does this by communicating about its outreach and emergency response campaigns, fundraising through both individuals and organisations, activating its network for the recruitment of outreach workers, and gaining prayer supporters, as well as other activities that support Medair’s mission. Because each life matters.
For its office in Nunspeet, Medair Netherlands is looking for a
MANAGER MEDAIR NETHERLANDS 60% (M/F)
In this role, you will be Medair Netherlands’ first point of contact for the Dutch Board and the Global Support Office (GSO) in Switzerland. You will work with a small team of professionals and volunteers and in close coordination with colleagues in Ecublens to increase the income from funds in the Netherlands and grow the share of private donors. You will bear ultimate responsibility for the operations in Nunspeet, but at the same time are ‘hands on’ in jointly achieving the intended results. You are enthusiastic and entrepreneurial and fulfil the role of linchpin. In doing so, you keep an overview, take responsibility and are pragmatic/solution oriented.
- You are the first point of contact for the Dutch Board and Medair International and maintain relationships with important stakeholders for Medair Netherlands.
- You will lead a team of staff, professionals and volunteers.
- You will take the lead in creating and implementing a fundraising plan.
- You will bear ultimate responsibility for meeting financial targets, monitor the short-term budget and anticipate shortfalls or surpluses.
- You will be responsible for the service-oriented management of Medair Netherlands and the (financial) reporting to the board and head office.
- You will coordinate marketing and communications, including keeping websites up-to-date regarding national campaigns. You will represent Medair at events in the Netherlands and in the media.
- You will coordinate Medair Netherlands’ participation in events, information fairs, and presentations.
- You are passionate about Medair’s work: its mission, vision and Christian identity.
- You are transparent, have integrity, are inclusive, and promote Medair’s core values.
- You are able to engage, inspire and create support for people.
- You can stick to a set course.
- You have organisational skills and can work autonomously; flexible and pragmatic.
- You have a hands-on mentality and genuinely contribute to achieving results.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience in the humanitarian and/or commercial sector.
- Minimum Higher Vocational Education working and thinking level.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages (French a plus).
- A NIMA education and experience working together in an international context, are a plus.
What we offer:
- A small passionate team in the Netherlands that has ambition to grow.
- Space to use your talents in a professional and contemporary way.
- Flexible arrangement of work and working hours.
- A start with a temporary contract, with possibility of permanent employment.
- A salary based on the CAO Zorg en Welzijn; depending on your knowledge and experience.
- You will be part of an internationally oriented, professional, people-oriented and inclusive organisation. An organisation dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable fellow human beings.
How to apply
Do you recognise yourself in this vacancy? If so, we would love to make your acquaintance!
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to Leoni Brussaard (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 15, 2021.
For more information, about the position and/or the procedure first? Then contact Hanneke Zijtveld (email@example.com).
Checking references and applying for a Certificate of Good Conduct are part of the procedure.
Recruitment agencies will not be considered for this role.