Mobile Implementation Officer – Field ICT (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
With more than 100 sites (locations) around the world, MSF OCB needs a robust ICT Infrastructure to function adequately and efficiently.
Driven by MSF Operational Contexts, the Field ICT team addresses the needs defined by an agile, field-inspired and OPS-centric ICT Strategy that aims to drive MSF towards digitally enabled humanitarian operations.
Its objectives are to enable, deploy and manage a reliable, usable, secured and OPS oriented ICT ecosystem on the field.
Typical Field ICT solutions are a balanced mix of technology, human capital and pragmatism. The Field ICT Team analyzes issues, designs prototypes and delivers solutions that have been validated with and by operational staffs.
With Field ICT support and solutions, our ICT teams can build, implement, maintain, and continuously improve IS architecture, ICT services and infrastructure that support MSF operations.
The cornerstone of this approach is the deployment of Field Network Kits (FNK) in all our missions and projects. FNK are composed of firewall, network components, NAS and UPS, conveniently pre-assembled in a robust flight case, ready to be deployed in our operations to provide a whole variety of IT Services.
To strengthen our Field ICT Team, the General Direction Department is looking for two (2) Mobile Implementation Officer Field ICT (MIO FICT).
The MIO FICT will be the key person to implement our Field Network Kits in our missions. S/he will be responsible for FNK deployment on the field, migration from existing to new infrastructure and hands-on training of our ICT Officers and Logisticians. S/he will be proactive to evaluate and propose solutions in line to her/his technical domain. S/he will be responsible for collecting field feedback and share it with Field ICT Team.
The MIO FICT is going to be part of the Field ICT team. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the MSF Field ICT Team Leader.
- Technical support
• To support the Field ICT team on FNK and Field ICT equipment deployment, support and maintenance
• To collaborate with the ICT field officer and logisticians on functional and technical evaluation of FNK deployment
• To create and manage all deployment related records, write reports and produce lessons learned.
• To support the ICT field officer to increase the abilities and capacities of the ICT ecosystem deployed on the field.
• To improve and/or implement in the field MSF standard protocols, tools and techniques related to ICT equipment.
• To support the ICT field officer to solve interdisciplinary technical problems affecting the optimal functionality of the ICT equipment with regards to infrastructural concerns; electrical, among others.
• To be responsible for shipment of F-ICT materials to the field.
- Prepare and deliver F-ICT training to end-users, key-users and field ICT/logistics personnel
• Ensure the training and coaching of the local ICT officer and Logistician to be able to understand and support prototype testing and proof of concept
• Once a solution is validated, support the F-ICT team to prepare and update relevant technical documentation and policies and communicate it through appropriate channels.
• Evaluate in the field the possibilities and advantages of intersectional ICT collaboration.
• Search for hardware and software solutions tailored to the needs of users and meeting the specific requirements of the MSF operational environment.
• Technical education (technician, engineer) in ICT, or equivalent by experience.
• Field experience in NGO mandatory.
• Experience in coaching and training of staff.
• Good communication skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Proactive and willing to propose innovative ideas and solutions rapidly.
• Ability to set priorities, plan and organize his/her own work in stressful environment.
• Ability to produce clear and accurate reports.
• Result, quality & service oriented.
• Good teamwork and cooperation capacity / excellent team player.
• Mobile & flexible.
• Practical experience in network administration (Firewall, DHCP, VPN, etc.).
• Practical experience in server administration (LDAP, NAS, ….).
• Experience or willing to learn Fortinet, Synology, GLPI, Eaton, …
• Good oral and written communication in English and French (any additional operational language is an asset).
· Expected starting date: asap
· Contract type: 1-year Mobile Implementation Officer contract, full-time (100%)
· Location: based in Brussels, but mainly carried out (up to 70% of the time) in the field.
· Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale
· Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
· Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 11/05/2021
How to apply
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org and mention “Mobile Implementation Officer Field ICT” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.