Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Zamboanga City)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5**
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and direct supervision of the Head of Satellite Office, with technical supervision from the National Resource Management Officer (Cotabato City), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for performing a range of procurement functions for the mission projects in line with IOM policies, rules, and regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive, review, and assign Purchase Requisitions from end-users through PR online application.
- Coordinate Requests for Quotations, Bids Analysis Summaries; receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, evaluation of bids and proposals and coordinate contracts in full compliance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing procurement plan in coordination with the operations unit.
- Identify service providers, and participate in evaluations regarding vendor’s performance, including the quality of goods and services, price, delivery of equipment.
- Act as a Purchase Goods Receipts (PGR) role in PRISM. Post MIGO entry and ensure authorization by the relevant approvers and designated signatories.
- Update Vendors Master List and participate in supplier selection and evaluation processes.
- Follow up on purchase order status and keep relevant requesting staff informed of estimated delivery times or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Perform regular inventory entries of purchased assets and maintain Inventory Database in PRISM.
- Provide all necessary documentation to vendors regarding VAT and Customs Exemption and follow up. Whenever feasible, ensure that the mission obtains access to duty-free goods/services entitlements.
- Assist in reviewing the monthly logistics reports and advise the NRMO and the Head of Office where there are irregularities or areas of concern that needs follow up.
- Perform a regular market search on goods and service providers for the entire Mindanao programming.
- Assist the supply chain management in line with IOM procedures to ensure timely supply of quality goods and services for IOM’s operations.
- Compile accurate and timely overall monthly reports (stock/ inventory report, asset management, and procurement tracking/plan).
- Ensure that IOM logistics procedures and processes are followed in the IOM office and warehouse, including filing, and archiving relevant documents.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Purchasing and Operations Management, Business Administration and Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School degree in above field with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in one or more of the procurements and logistics ancillary sectors, material control, transport and distribution management, inventory, building management and construction.
- Experience in supply chain management with UN agencies, NGOs or any multinational/multicultural organization will be an advantage.
- Experience in procurement in international and/or government process.
- Experience in using SAP system, MS office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints, accurate and detail oriented.
- Knowledge on supply management, logistics and warehousing and product quality control.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Filipino is required. Knowledge of any BARMM language is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please click this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30 July 2021. Position title and VN Number (VN 027 2021 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.