SIHA is seeking a strong candidate who will lead the overall supervision of the projects implementation in the countries of Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti . The coordinator will provide overall leadership, management and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of project outputs across the three countries in close consultation with the regional programmes teams and partners. The ‘Programme Coordinator ’ will head the Projects teams in Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti and provide required technical and administrative support to guide the project activities and outputs and ensure effective management of funding resources through close communication with the SIHA Regional office and management.
The ‘PC’ will report to and be guided by the Regional Programme Manager to ensure the project achieves its goals and ensure cost effectiveness and sustainability.
The Programme Coordinator will work remotely/ out of the regional office and travel as required to the region, as well as briefing and debriefing missions to the Regional Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The primary duties of the Programme Coordinator will include:
· Provide technical guidance to the programme teams, identifying and addressing key issues, harmonizing programme objectives and SIHA strategic plan;
· Prepare and monitor the annual Work Plans and budget of the overall project, based on proposed annual work plans and budgets, and adhere to approval processes (this will include liaising with the Regional team for timely preparation and implementation of TORs, procurement, monitoring, participation and training plans;
· Provide overall technical and management guidance to the programme team in the execution of the project in the participating countries to ensure quality and timeliness of project work;
· Plan the recruitment and supervision of experts/contract as required to undertake tasks in accordance with annual workplan;
· Ensure effective liaison and maintain good communication with regional partners, members and other stakeholders including NGOs, donors etc
· Maintain records, with support of the administrative staff, on technical and financial aspects of project operation, including monitoring of project activities and their outcomes; as well as minutes, decisions and recommendations of meetings and workshops for support and guidance of SIHA members and staff;
· Organise meetings, regional workshops and other inter-country activities with guidance of the programme staff including workshops for sharing experiences in thematic areas and carry out monitoring visits according to the work plan
· Provide suggestions on harmonising strategies, policies and regulatory measures and develope synergies among regional and national policies;
· Prepare timely and quality project progress and implementation reports for submission to the Regional Office in accordance with reporting procedures;
· Support the overall administration of the office operations in all three countries.
· Ensure quality assurance of project implementation sticking to the work plan and ensuring tasks are fully carried out
· Support the SIHA Finance team to ensure all financial regulations are adherered to and support with the compilation of reports for the submission of the financial reports
· Ensuring compliance and fulfillment of donor requirements , reviewing all donor agreements as required.
Preferably the candidate for this position should have strong knowledge/awareness and understanding of the Horn of Africa context including the political situations and the status of women and girls. S/he should be highly adaptable, creative and passionate about women’s rights. The ideal candidate should have a strong record of project and programme management, particularly related to civil society or human rights work and a proven track-record in quality assurance in order to be considered for the position.
SIHA will be interested in individual applicants with commitment to indigenous civil society organizations and their essential role in promoting the improvement of conditions for women and girls across the Horn of Africa.
The Programme Coordinator will be recruited competitively, and will have the following qualifications:
· At least 10 years working experience in programme management or related fields with recognised technical expertise;
· A Bachelor and a Master’s level degree or PhD in programme management, gender, human rights or related field;
· Extensive experience in the management of complex projects at national or regional levels;
· Strong management skills including ability to provide strategic guidance, technical oversight, mentor staff, build strong teams, develop workplans, and manage budgets and project expenditures;
· Good multi-cultural and interpersonal skills will experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community based organizations);
· Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with implementation of participatory projects;
· Proven written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills and demonstrated computing skills;
· Fluency in spoken and written English, preferably bilingual, but at least working knowledge (spoken and written) of Somali and French languages;
· Experience working in, and preferably originating from, the Horn of Africa countries or a similar region in Africa
SIHA is committed to offer a fair remuneration based on qualifications and experience
The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) is a coalition of civil society organizations from Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia and Somaliland. SIHA was founded in 1995 by a collection of women’s groups with the view of strengthening the capacities of women organizations in the Horn of Africa countries**. SIHA is feminist women led organisation** working with urban poor women and communities in societies in transition as well as Women Human Rights Defenders in Sudan and across the Horn of Africa. SIHA is a membership based network and has over 130 member civil society /women rights organizations across the greater Horn of Africa with 25 civil society member organizations in Sudan.
SIHA ascribes to the following values ; Equality ,pro-choice, Solidarity , Ethical , Diligence, Transparency , Humility , Resilience , Critical-thinking , disciplined , Courageous , Integral , Empathy , Collectiveness , determination , Rationality , Diversity , Innovation , Democracy , learning , Self-critical
SIHA believes that women and girls have a right to express themselves in a manner that favours their beliefs. More information about SIHA is available at www.sihanet.org *
How to apply
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department email@example.com by 31st May 2021. Please enter “Application Materials: Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti Programme Coordinator” in the subject line. SIHA may, because of the immediate need of the recruitment, contact shortlisted candidates before 31st May 2021. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest in joining SIHA!**