GOAL is an international humanitarian aid agency with operations in 14 countries in The Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. Last year it reached more than six million people in need in nutrition, health, livelihoods, and emergency response programmes.
GOAL in Turkey:
GOAL has been implementing programmes in Turkey since 2016 and has an open-ended registration to operate in the country. In addition to over 85 dedicated program staff members based in our field offices in Mersin, Adana, Hatay, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa, GOAL Turkey also benefits from administrative and operational supports provided by GOAL Syria Response Programme’s Turkey-based staff members in Ankara and Hatay.
GOAL Turkey benefits from strong relationships with key stakeholders within the country’s national refugee response framework and has established trust within targeted communities. Our contribution to the national refugee response in Turkey has focused on addressing gaps and responding to identified needs in health service delivery, and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized refugees in southern Turkey. In 2020, GOAL reached over 25,000 refugees with targeted protection support activities.
GOAL is currently implementing two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey. The LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labour. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. The Green program aims to improve the socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services
The position will be based in Şanlıurfa. Under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader, Protection Outreach Worker will be responsible to implement protection outreach activities that mostly includes delivery of awareness raising sessions; and contribute to other protection activities under the LINK program.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Provide awareness raising activities and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with Protection Team Leader and Deputy Program Manager.
- Undertake outreach activities and informative sessions on GOAL’s services to target groups and record feedback (comments, suggestions).
- Encourage and facilitate participation of beneficiaries in the planning, execution, and evaluation of activities.
- Advise and assist beneficiaries about GOAL services and schedules upon completion of relevant forms/needs assessment.
- Propose new activities according to identified needs in the community.
- Work with supervisors and peers in harmony to achieve LINK workplans, objectives and targets.
- Ensure that appropriate preparation for each awareness raising session is undertaken responsibly and on time.
- Ensure beneficiary and activity data entered correctly and on time, and that all progresses are closely monitored and updated in the database by protection staff.
- At all times, be up to date on his/her knowledge on the local service and assistances available where GOAL Turkey Programs are operating for appropriate referrals.
- Support MEAL team to ensure that appropriate monitoring activities are undertaken to a high standard to capture lesson learned and best practices.
- Contribute to sensitization and advocacy activities, particularly with the organisation of advocacy meetings and gathering of self-advocacy committees and implementation of associated activities.
- Contribute to protection monitoring activities, particularly with data collection activities.
- Liaise regularly with Case Management and Basic Needs teams to support referral of cases for assessment and respond to internal referrals from these teams
- Ensure that feedback received from community members is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e., on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL’s commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- Ensure activities are appropriate for the context, are held according to the best practices as well as the standards for Child Protection, Gender Based Violence, and humanitarian principles.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- University degree in related field (e.g., social work, sociology, international relations, law, psychology, and other relevant disciplines).
- Strong communication skills, both in Turkish and Arabic. Written skills in Arabic and communication skills in English are strong assets.
- Experience in delivery of case management and individual protection assistance modalities at field level.
- Experience of delivering community-based protection activities at field level.
- Experience in delivery of awareness raising and protection outreach activities.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in I/NGOs (in paid or voluntary capacity) preferably in Southeast of Turkey. Work experience with nomadic / semi-nomadic refugees and/or those engaged in seasonal agricultural labour is a strong asset.
- Experience in teamwork with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of rights and protection issues of refugees, particularly children and women.
- Proven planning, communication, interpersonal, and representation skills.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Flexibility, proactivity, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn from others.
- Good level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen derhal firstname.lastname@example.org adresine detayları da içeren bir e-posta gönderiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 30 Aug 2021