Protection Project Manager is responsible for Managing and supervising Protection projects in Syria. The PM will be responsible for overall project management and ensuring that project objectives/ implementation is on track/budget as planned, ensure implementation and documentation according to donors, partners, and other stakeholders compliance requirements, and assist in program development.
- Develop, monitor, and implement project work plan according to project outputs.
- Develop and monitor project budget and expenditures.
- Ensure that program/project goals and plans are implemented on time and on budget and according to donor/partner/other stakeholder’s compliance requirements.
- Evaluate activity progress and determine the necessary actions to course correct.
- Provide project reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor/partner requirements.
- Liaise with logistics, MEAL, Safety and Security, HR…. etc. and all stakeholders from WATAN regarding project activities implementation.
- Ensure sound administrative practices regarding record keeping, compliance with donor/partner regulations, communications, etc.
- Frequent travel to other cities to attend coordination meetings and provide support to the team as needed.
- Represent WATAN in related working groups and other stakeholder or coordination meetings, as needed, and maintain a positive, continuous, and visible presence for WATAN.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local partners, local authorities, and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with all regional and country-specific response plans by the U.N., donors active actors, –
- Assist in proposals writing, provide technical input, writing, and budgetary input for new program design.
- Assist in building new partnerships and relations with key NGOs and donors regarding related programs.
- Work closely with agencies and organizations in the related areas for collaboration,
- Perform any other tasks under the guidance of the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/social sciences.
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience leading, managing, and implementing Protection projects.
- PMP/PMD-Pro Certified (highly preferable).
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to represent the organization’s image in a professional manner.
- Commitment to humanitarian relief standards,
- High level of organizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management, and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently,
- Ability to create new relations with active players in the field.
- High level of flexibility to adapt to a new environment, handle the workload,
- High level of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Very good report writing skills
- Leadership skills
- Very Good computer skills (MS office)
- Fluent in English (strong written and verbal skills)
- Quick learner
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application**s**.**
How to apply
1- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply:
2- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.