Position: Regional Supply Chain and Operations Manager (Middle East)
Location: Amman, Jordan within frequent travel in the region up to 50%
Reports to: Middle East Regional Director (technical line to Global Support Office SC & O)
Direct Reports: Regional Middle East IT Coordinator and Admin Assistant; dotted line management of supply chain & operations managers in all Middle East Country Offices
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs.**
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
As a member of the Middle East Regional Team, the Regional Supply Chain and Operations Manager acts as an advisor to the region on all Supply Chain and Operations matters (procurement, stock/inventory management, fleet, facilities and assets management). S/he will provide virtual and in-country support to all Middle East Country Offices SC & operations teams supporting program delivery across all Relief International development and humanitarian programs. S/he will support effective communication and information flow among offices and GSO and will ensure compliance to all Relief International and donor operational policies and procedures. He / She will be responsible for managing and providing support to RSO and its staff on Supply chain and Operations functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide support and guidance to all Country Offices in Middle East, including oversight of all Supply Chain and Operations functions in line with RI and donor policies and regulations.
- Work with the Country Directors and in-country SC & Ops teams to improve operational systems and ensure standard operation policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide hands-on contributions to in-country personnel on all SC & Ops matters when mobilizing and implementing new projects or closing out of awards.
- Facilitate communication and cross learning for all Middle East based SC & operations staff.
- Provide regular review and assessment of SC & Ops staffing structures and functions in the Country Offices with the aim to strengthen overall efficiency and accountability.
- Perform annual assessments of Country Office SC & Operations departments and determine in collaboration with in country SC & Ops Managers and CD the ideal staffing structure with a plan to support transition (staffing and funding) to that structure over the course of one year.
- Provide orientation to new senior SC & Ops staff and countries senior/key staff, provide, as needed, refresher training to staff in all standard SC & Ops and admin procedures, SOPs, forms, record keeping and to ensure future ongoing compliance. Provide training to program and other support staff on critical SC & Ops policy & procedure.
- Assess and support country office procurement management; ensuring trackers are kept up to date and accurate and that data is periodically reviewed to determine staff performance. Ensure all RI and donor policy and procedure is known and being adhered to at all times.
- Work with each country office SC & O team on improved usage of procurement plan (consolidation of plans) and through procurement planning build supply/sourcing strategy for the country offices.
- Work with each country office SC & O team to have quarterly reporting schedule in place. Provide review, analysis and feedback to each office resulting in actionable improvements in the execution of functions.
- Review and/or approve (checking for accuracy & compliance) all high level procurements (50,000 and above and all tenders), framework agreements, leases and other large value, high risk financial commitments.
- Assess and support country office fleet management; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use is achieved throughout the servicing of programs and staff; rental service agreements and contracting is done in alignment with RI procurement standards and fuel and maintenance systems are in place.
- Assess and support country office warehouse management; ensure systems and reporting are in place for the effective storage and distribution of all program stocks. Support in the trial and rollout of an inventory management system.
- Assess and support in country office asset management; ensuring that all program and Country operations assets (and furniture and equipment) are reflected in registers; all assets are documented, issued with unique RI asset numbers, tagged and logged according to RI Asset management manual and procedures.
- Work with GSO Supply Chain and Operations department, GCU and Global Assurance to address key risks and audit findings/disallowances. Maintain technical knowledge of donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the RI team; sharing information on assessments and proposed interventions, providing overview and inputs of Supply Chain and Operations requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Work with GSO to create template for CO specific SC & operations manuals. Ensure consistent application of all RI tools and templates, policies and procedures throughout Middle East Country Offices.
- Support GSO SC & Ops initiatives and special projects implementation.
- Support in the realization of CO Emergency preparedness plans (EPP) through the establishment of framework agreements and supplier databases.
- Be available for immediate deployment to assist Country office SC & Ops teams mount rapid and effective emergency response operations – when disasters occur.
- Provide support to Security Manager as a focal point for communication and information flow.
- Liaise with other RSO senior staff members (Regional Program Director, Regional Director, Finance Manager) to ensure that Supply Chain and Operations procedure are well understood and enforced in a coordinated manner at regional level.
- Collaborate with all regional colleagues to present a consolidated approach and teamwork for Country Offices support and management.
- Review countries proposals on SC & Ops part and s/he is involved on all Project Cycle Management phases, meetings, strategic exercise, etc… supported by RSo.
- Responsible for the inventory and assets management for Middle East RSO.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Equity and Diversity commitment
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of systemic diversity and cultural differences.
- Ensure that gender equity is addressed in our staffing and programming
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Extensive Supply Chain and Operations management experience in international development and humanitarian programs, experience in Middle East essential.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to operational management systems in a large complex program.
- Previous experience of managing Supply Chain and operations/support teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donor’s programs (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Supply Chain systems and requirements in a multi field office, multi program setting.
- Direct experience of supporting the delivery of humanitarian programs, in a technical or operational role, in at least 3 different contexts.
- Senior management role within a complex country program and/or in a large scale emergency response.
- Cold chain and/or pharmaceutical supply chain expertise preferred.
- Substantial training and capacity building experience.
- Cultural sensitive, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of supporting and developing programmatic staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- A degree in a relevant field either in relation to development, disaster management, Humanitarian / Supply Chain management.
- Knowledge of using / Implementation of Software / ERP (Supply Chain Modules) preferred Security experience is a great asset
- English language fluency is required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
- To apply for this post, click on https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&rid=1599
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International is committed to diversity and gender equality, we strongly encourage applicants from the global south and female candidates to apply.