Job Title: Reporting Officer
Line Manager Data / Information Management Manager
Department Data / Information Management
We are looking for a Data / Information Management Manager to be responsible for preparing studies and reports related to the work of the White Helmets (WH), in addition to contributing to the conducting of the studies concerning Syrian reality and field developments.
- Prepare research and study plans about civil defense and humanitarian services and develop mechanisms for their implementation.
- Communicate with research and study centers to publish researches, studies, and reports about civil defense and humanitarian work.
- Supervise conducting researches and field or office studies in cooperation with researchers and specialists inside and outside the Civil Defense Team.
- Participate in writing working papers, researches, studies, and practices related to civil defense and humanitarian work.
- Prepare the required periodic reports.
- Other tasks assigned to him/her related to the nature of the job
- Respect and apply all the principles of protection related to sexual exploitation, abuse, and child protection.
Note: the above-mentioned responsibilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department’s organizational chart or title.**
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- University degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in data processing and analysis.
- Arabic language: Native English language: Advanced level
- University degree in engineering
- Four years of experience in preparing reports.
Core & Technical Competencies
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).**
- Experience in data analysis**
- Skill in explaining data and writing reports that highlight the issues required in the study**
- Knowledge of sectors and clusters of humanitarian work.
- Experience in writing periodic reports and studies.
- Work experience in n unsecure environment
- Good knowledge of the work area
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role, and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 02 July 2021.
The Syrian Civil Defense believes in achieving diversity in its workforce, by encouraging all qualified applicants, male and female, to apply for the vacancies announced.
The Civil defense’s employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.