Together we can beat poverty for good. Will you join us?
- Verifying all programme related payment request, ensuring that all supporting document are attached as per Oxfam policy, authorized by the budget holder, ensure no double payment is made.
- Good managements of budget code, and help the programme staff to code correctly.
- Ensure that all floats and salary advance issued is cleared according to Oxfam financial policies, cleared in time.
- Assisting in staff monthly salary payment preparation.
- Assisting in month end closing and reporting process.
- Being responsible of cash flow, ensure sufficient cash is available to support the Mosul response programme.
- Ensure the Oxfam finance system is well function (daily payment tracking, safe keeping money).
- Ensure that all financial transactions is updated and filed properly on daily basis and easily accessible.
- Undertake and monitor all payments, including field volunteers, casual labours and ensure smooth, timely issuing for payments, making vouchers and stamp document once it being Paid or Received, conduct payment to field location when needed.
- Ensures adherence to donor’s and Oxfam financial requirements, internal controls and systems and procedures are in place to accommodate the needs of the programme.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of financial systems and control for the project. This include training and briefings for all staff on procedures and ensuring that financial systems are adhered to by all staff to comply with Oxfam and Donor Finance Procedures.
- Assist in prepares monthly budget monitoring and accurate donor reports in accordance with the specified format within the agreement timeframe in coordination with programme.
- Consolidates monthly top-up requests for the Mosul Response.
- Assists the Finance Manager in the efficient conduct of project/donor audit and internal audit exercise where needed.
- Assists Finance Manager in organising financial orientation and capacity building exercises for respective Oxfam teams as applicable to ensure that the financial standards are always maintained.
- Assists in conducting partners’ appraisal and review of finance report from partners to ensure compliance with Oxfam and donor’s standards and guidelines.
- Provides capacity building support to partners in the area of financial management and controls, assisting in regular visit and monitoring to local partner.
- Recommends the accuracy of financial information as well as for communicating and/or clarifying financial issues with partners, as needed.
- Ensure and maintain coordination with country finance team to ensure smooth running of the program.
- Perform other tasks reasonably requested to support the programme implementation
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- University degree in a finance related subject or professional accountancy qualifications or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience in providing a whole range of accounting services ideally in the NGO or public sector.
- Ability and experience of using financial software package and use of other IT software in particular Microsoft applications.
- Ability to approach, train and coach others.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels and a high diverse environment.
- Able to manage time effectively and deliver results in the most effective and efficient way.
- Interest in the work of Oxfam and the programme
- Willingness and able to travel to conflict affected area where the Mosul Response programme is operating.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently where necessary.
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and analytical skills and attention to details skill.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with others across teams, with competing demands and driven to achieve results within deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: proven ability to present information and concepts clearly.
- Good interpersonal skills experience of working in a multi cultural, multi location environment.
- Capacity building experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Commitment to the values of Oxfam and its policy on equal opportunities, gender and diversity.
- Previous Experience with SAB ERP system.
How to apply
OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this Vacancy, please visit the job advert using the below link: