Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports To: Lead, Philanthropy
Location: Toronto (GTA)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Contact level with Children: B
Grade Level: 8
What can you expect from a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
Plan International Canada is the first non-profit organization to ever be inducted into Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures Hall of Fame by Waterstone Human Capital. Here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
We remain agile amid an ever-changing global landscape. Though we continue to evolve, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
As an active, collaborative, key member on the Philanthropy team, the Senior Manager of Planned Giving, plays an integral role in ensuring the success of Plan Canada’s fundraising activities in this high-growth portfolio. As a core driver in Plan International Canada’s strategic plan, the Philanthropy team is focused on high impact and transformational giving opportunities for donors and stakeholders to support children, especially girls, realize their full potential.
The Senior Manager, Planned Giving is a philanthropy champion and advocate for strategic, structured and blended giving, bringing energy and an abundant mindset to one of the largest Planned Giving growth opportunities in Canada. With over 200,000 donors and champions in Canada, the Planned Giving program is one of the largest growth opportunities in the country over the next 5-10 years as we seek to enhance this program by 500% in the coming 5 years. Join us!
We are seeking a determined optimist who can bring a high growth vision and proven Planned Giving experience to continue the growth and evolving sophistication of our PG program. This opportunity allows for a structured philanthropy leader to support complex current and future gifts. Using a multi-pronged approach to Planned Giving, the Senior Manager, will build and maintain a portfolio of approx. 100 qualified donors and prospects, with strategy, KPI and relational expectations for in life and deferred commitments.
There is a collaborative relationship with colleagues on the major gifts, mid-level and annual gifts teams.
What success looks like?
- Leads strategies, relationships and solicitations for an optimized portfolio of planned giving donors and prospects making current and deferred gifts through a variety of solicitation methods including face-to-face meetings;
- Compassionately helps donors and prospects support Plan International Canada with strategic and high impact gift plans that celebrate legacy and vision to reduce the time until we are all equal;
- Models, collaborates and executes on Philanthropy growth strategies with an integrated team to increase planned/blended giving and future flexible revenue in a fast pasted environment;
- In partnership with the Major Gifts and Donor Services teams, creates meaningful engagement and stewardship opportunities, including the development and execution of an updated Legacy Circle strategy;
- Meets and drives revenue and KPIs on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Mentors Philanthropy and Mid-Tier teams on planned giving tactics and strategies to promote blended giving and the culture of philanthropy;
- Demonstrates strong CRM utilization and assists in developing core SOPs and business rules for the growing program in partnership with Legal, Finance and Programs;
- In partnership with our Donor Experience team, enhance the engagement and stewardship program with integrated donor journeys.
As Our Ideal Candidate You Will Have
- A passion for planned giving and for engaging our loyal supporters about children’s rights and gender equality;
- Experience providing strategic input, technical expertise, and compassionate guidance to confirm future and current gifts with donors, prospects and their giving partners (family, business partners, allied professional team); 5-10 years’ experience in a major and/or planned giving fundraising role within a national/global organization, with experience in progressively larger and more complex giving;
- Familiarity with planned giving instruments and in-depth understanding of best in class techniques and strategies and also has an interest in staying on top of evolving gift vehicles and industry trends;
- Knowledge and understanding of tax laws, regulations and compliance issues that govern charitable giving in Canada and globally;
- Interest in high growth fundraising with an understanding and experience with data-based decision making, KPI monitoring and integration of best
- Lead relationship management and solicitations for a portfolio of planned giving donors making current and deferred gifts through a variety of solicitation methods including face-to-face meetings
- Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business and personal relationships
- Membership in CAGP; Relationships with Allied Professionals in key Canadian markets including: Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal.
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
How to apply
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter to https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1622&company=planintern by July 31, 2023.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Plan International Canada is a hybrid workplace. You will work from the office and from home.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!