Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is advertising this TOR for talent pool / roster building purposes only for an upcoming project in country.
- Report on ESIA related legislative & regulatory framework applicable to the country where the project is being executed.
- Identify project stakeholders both at institutional level & the community levels, establish contacts & receive consultation input to the ESIA.
- Liaison of the ESIA activities with the local authorities & the stakeholders including the community representatives.
- Collect environmental & social related data under the guidance of the respective disciplinary experts working in the project & assist with the data analysis & reporting.
- Translate reference documents of native language(s) spoken in country to English & selected project documents prepared in English to native language(s) spoken in country for local reference.
- Carry out other ESIA related tasks as directed by the respective disciplinary experts working in the project.
- The consultant will provide local support including data collection, site assessment reports & community consultation input.
- All local / site specific input as requested by the respective disciplinary experts working in the project are provided for the successful completion of the ESIA.
This consultant will work under the guidance of the experts & are expected to complete the below:
- Report to the respective disciplinary experts on all technical matters.
- Report to the Project Manager on operations & contract related matters.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Minimum of Diploma in Environmental & Social Science related areas is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of environmental & / or social assessments & / or development or research related areas of work experience is required.
- Knowledge of ESIA related legislative & regulatory framework in country is required.
- Ability to visit the project site for field data collection & community consultation is essential.
- Fluent in English & native languages spoken in country.
Other relevant information:
- This position is being advertised for talent pool / roster building purposes only for an upcoming project in country.
- Suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: