The position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. No expatriate benefits or allowance will be provided.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Strategic Information/Monitoring & Evaluation (SI/M&E) Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance in support of M&E, research and learning activities for a range of health and development programs in the region. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing SI/M&E systems and procedures for various projects. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy and for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against assigned projects’ performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the projects’ progress towards goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure activities and assignments are carried out as planned and objectives are being achieved.
- Support projects in the Asia Pacific region in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning plans, including data and analytics roadmap.
- Provide regular review of projects’ data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support projects to ensure high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results are in place.
- In collaboration with APRO Program Management Unit, co-manage a database to monitor projects’ key performance.
- Support projects in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Build capacity of staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Support countries to identify best practices for documentation as success stories, and conduct technical reviews of technical reports, or peer review publications and surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Continually maintain a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with FHI 360 M&E/SI staff in the Asia Pacific region.
- Review M&E activities for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Ensure data quality audits are routinely collected and monitor data quality and accuracy, immediately reporting any discrepancies to leadership.
- Support design of M&E and learning components for business development.
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent – Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting international development programming monitoring and evaluation systems, with a focus on at least one of the following: environment and climate change, infectious diseases, nutrition, civil society strengthening or education. Experience in the Asia Pacific region is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience delivering effective technical assistance in multiple Asia country contexts.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E and learning tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and has peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360’s Career Portal