COOPI is looking for a Field Coordinator in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004 providing humanitarian assistance to the affected population in North Darfur that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe natural disasters.
Recently COOPI expanded the area of intervention to East of Sudan responding to floods and eefugees from Tigray emergencies. Following the civil war in nearby Ethiopian region of Tigray, thousands of people fled through the border in search of protection. This made COOPI in front line to provide life saving assistance in the sector of WaSH. This crisis moved from Ethiopia a large number of refugees, 60.000 (UNHCR estimation) with a perspective of a medium-long emergency response intervention in Kassala and Gedaref State. Currently COOPI is implementing the country project portfolio through three Area PMUs: El Fasher (West), Kassala and Gedaref (East) and Khartoum. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the hosting population and refugees, different interventions are going to be carried out, in the field of water-hygiene and food security and camp management.
Purpose of the role
The Field Coordinator is responsible for the operations in the field ensuring successful implementation of assigned project activities, humanitarian standard and quality control, staff supervision as required by the role.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, will carry out all the required actions for a successful implementation of the assigned projects at field level;
- Directly supervise the project activities in the field, guaranteeing its correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards;
- Ensure the comply of COOPI values and standards to achieve quality and accountability in the implementation of the assigned project;
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, prepares detailed work plan (weekly) and other monitoring tools in consultation with Project staff, to ensure regular implementation progrees and to provide weekly activities reports.
- Coordinate the procurement process with the Logistic Department as needed and ensure all logistics needs are delivered in a timely manner;
- In collaboration with the Project Manager follows up all procurement ongoing processes in accordance with COOPI policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Ensure that all procurements are tracked and recorded appropriately to guarantee accountability to the donor;
- Oversee collecting quotations for all supplies and keep filing systems/archives according to COOPI standards in all assigned tasks.
- Is responsible for the assigned local field staff management and eventually training in his/her area of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Area Coordination level.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordinate with the MEAL team regarding the assigned monitoring and reporting tasks ensuring that the project staff will provide timely monitoring data report according to COOPI procedures and standards;
- Collaborate to preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by the coordination.
Education / Experience
- Relevant work experience in humanitarian organization in a similar field position;
- Experience in managing projects during Emergency Operations focusing in the sector of WaSH, Shelter, NFIs and other complementary sectors;
- Proved competence in project management including planning, monitoring, coordination, and information management;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. CORE, Sphere standard);
- Understand of international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability;
- Good report writing skills;
- Advanced IT skills: Microsoft Office, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations;
- English mandatory (excellent level written and spoken);
- Knowledge of Italian is an advantage;
- Expertise in cash voucher assistance and community driven approaches is an advantage;
- Technical expertise in the sector of construction/water supply systems (Engineering/Architectural background) is an advantage;
- Previous experience in the Region and Sudan is an advantage.
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and Reference Points;
- Target oriented and problem-solving aptitude;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.