Supply Chain Assistant (Short Term – 4 Months Max)
The purpose of the Supply Chain Assistant is to support the Supply Chain Officer to plan, monitor and execute the sourcing function to facilitate accountable and efficient procurement of goods services and works for Save the Children in terms of administrative spend and programmatic spend to deliver value for children and the beneficiaries In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* University degree in logistics, supply chain, industrial engineering, or any relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
* Good communication and influencing skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate, work in and contribute to team building environment
* Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values and principles
* Minimum 6 months of experience in Supply Chain Management.
* Fluency in Arabic and English – written and verbal.
* Strong organization and negotiation skills and good attention to details.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGViYWFrLjE5OTUxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…