Plan, design, lead, coach and coordinate the implementation of the overall medical content, strategies, activities, and resources in the mission in order to facilitate the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve population health condition, its humanitarian living conditions and disease prevention.
Guarantee the appropriate implementation and management of medical aspects of MSF projects in the mission, ensuring the achievement of the objective set. This will be done in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Medical Department and other local authorities and following the corporate MSF ethos and values, health policies, protocols, and operational plan; and monitoring medical and humanitarian situation in the country.
- Be responsible to define, monitor and update the medical content of the MSF country policy, annual plan and budget, by scanning health needs through exploratory missions and implementation of health information system, elaborating, monitoring and reviewing project proposals, determining, necessary resources in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- Be accountable to ensure that the objectives and goals set in the Mission’s annual plan, Country Policy Paper and project plans in regard to the medical activities carried out by MSF are achieved.
- In close collaboration with the Human Resources Coordinator, participate in the planning, definition, and sizing of the health-workforce in the mission to ensure the implementation of medical activities in the mission
- Degree in medicine or other paramedical studies.
- Specialization in tropical medicine or a degree in Public Health would be an asset
- Working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in similar contexts
- English and French;
- local working language would be an asset
- Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision
- Leadership Analytical
- Thinking Results & Quality Orientation
- Networking & Building Relationships
- Clinical Expertise
- Medical stock management and pharmacy
- Quality assurance
As an international staff leaving to the field, you will receive:
- A fixed term contract for the duration of the assignment
- 1 week of holiday for every 3 months of assignment
- Initial preparation before your first assignment
- Detailed briefings
- Psychosocial assistance
- Salary based on previous work experience and country of residency
- Coverage, such as medical care and vaccination package, accident insurance, including repatriation
- Accommodation and round-trip transportation to and from the field as well as travel costs
- Per diem (calculated according to local cost of living) to cover daily expenses
- Travel costs and visa administration
- Debriefing and personal career advice as well as training opportunities
- Departure on assignment is non-accompanied (no family or couple departures)
How to apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW:
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 6TH 2021