Chemonics seeks a Risk and Reporting Manager (RARM) to support several USAID-funded projects. The RARM will report directly to the project director. The position is based in Mae Sot with regional travel required and this location is not negotiable.
The RARM will work in close coordination with the project teams, implementing partners and USAID staff to ensure the project is adequately prepared to respond to safety and security risks impacting the program staff and activities.
The RARM provides specific input to the design, management, implementation, and oversight of the project’s activities from a risk perspective and will conduct continuous assessment of different types of risks to program activities and provide guidance and recommendations regarding risk mitigations.
The RARM will be responsible for tracking all project-linked incidents, ensuring that all identified risks and incidents are escalated in a timely manner to the project leadership. The RARM must be exceptionally familiar with the ASEAN context, operating environment and safety and security dynamics.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Ensure the project is provided with timely and reliable safety and security information and valid analysis to support programmatic decision-making on risk management for project activities
- Manage and regularly update the project’s risk assessment, emergency action plan and mitigation measures in compliance with Chemonics policies and standards
- Continuously identify and analyze perceived, actual, direct, and indirect threats, and develop/update risk analysis and mitigation measures
- Utilize threat analyses to forecast trends and conflict shifts that may impact project strategy or activities
- Mentor project partners to ensure understanding of all risks associated with activities, and that partners develop a robust risk management approach in line with the project risk management policy
- Work closely with the project technical teams and partner staff to develop their capacity in risk analysis and reporting so that they can report all program-related incidents to the project director and donor in a timely manner, including training programs and continuous capacity building activities
- Participate in regular check ins with the Washington-based Security Management Unit (SMU) to go over updates to the security situation and any project impacts
- In coordination with the SMU, provide input to, and manage the implementation of a strong journey management plan to support staff safety while traveling for project purposes
- Assistance with identifying and facilitating sites for secure meetings with counterparts
- Network with other organizations, and other implementing partners to understand the security situation and be able to make relevant recommendations
- Maintain an accurate and timely record of all incidents and risk reports while upholding confidentiality and Chemonics information sharing protocols. Report incidents to the project director and SMU in accordance with established guidelines/policies
- Prepare weekly contextual updates about the project operating environment and share them with the project’s senior management team and donor as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in international development, security studies, security management or a related field is preferred
- Three years minimum relevant professional experience in safety, security and reporting management with international organizations/NGOs; five years preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups to serve as a major point of contact across multiple remote teams
- Strong understanding of the conflict and security situation in in the ASEAN region
- Please specify the countries of experience in your application
- Experience and knowledge in collecting and analyzing data from different sources and forecast trends and events based on the analysis of data
- Strong experience in establishing and maintaining incident identification and reporting mechanisms
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in other ASEAN languages is strongly preferred. Please specify language proficiency details in your application
- Thai citizenship required
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and include “Risk and Reporting Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 1, 2023. Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/